Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest branches of engineering and deals with machinery. It involves various aspects of designing, manufacturing and maintaining machinery used for various purposes whether small or big. This engineering branch is so wide that students can take up any number of projects, big or small, not just for their final year but for every semester.
Hundreds of mechanical engineering topics are posted all over the internet in different websites. Surfing through the web will give you many ideas for interesting projects. Here in this website I have collected some of the popular ones to give you a general idea about each.
Complete List of Mechanical Engineering Projects
- Garbage Disposals – What are they?
- Rope Chainsaw and Easy Lift Harness
- Freedom Wheel Chair- A better wheel chair for the disabled
- Portable Incinerator
- Flying Saucer Using Coanda Effect
- LPG kit design for two wheelers
- Pedal Assisted Cycle/Rickshaw
- MIT to use droplets to reduce wear and tear in real world scenerios
- Gutter Cleaning Robot
- Classroom Blackboard Erasing Mechanism
- Automatic Gate Opener
- The Icon Horn Loudspeaker
- Glass Wall Cleaning Robot
- Fuel Efficiency in All Wheel Drive (AWD) System
- Home Made Walking Machine
- Side Stand Retrieving System For Two Wheelers
- A Study On The Co-Production Of Wind And Wave Energy
- Human Powered Helicopter
- Vapor Absorption Cooling System
- Wind Powered Car
- Bi-Cycle Rider System simulation using ADAMS
- Study of Steam Turbine Back Pressure Type Mechanical Seminar Report
- Manual Can Crusher
- Highway Wind Turbine Mechanical Project
- Low Cost Wind Power Plant
- Fabrication of a hydraulic fork lift
- Energy from Ocean Waves
- Vertical Dam Gate and Hoist Mechanism
- Gravity power generation Mechanism
- Electrical Power Generation System Using Railway Track
- Seminar Topic on Four wheel steering system
- Catalytic converter for cars
- Hybrid vehicles
- Air Cars
- Working model of Hovercraft
- Electronic fuel injection (EFI)
- Hydrogen (water) Powered vehicle
- Remote controlled material handling equipment (RCMHE)
- Remote controlled material handling robotic crane for Bomb squads
- Fire Fighting Robot
- Pneumatic paper cup forming machine
- Solar Powered Air Conditioner
- Over speed indicator and Accident Avoidance systems in a four wheeler
- Wall Climbing Robot (WCR)
- Adaptive Cruise Control System
- Fabrication of Spark plug testing machine
- Magnetic Levitation Train
- Automatic Multi-level parking (AMLP)
- Scrap Collecting Robot
- Automatic Lawn-mower
- Auto tracking for solar panel to improve performance
- Automatic Rain Operated Wiper
- Integration of Automatic Transmission for AutoRickshaw
- Fabrication of Motorized Screw Jack for vehicles.
- Fabrication of Solar Car
- Fabrication of Gear Level Indicator for Automobile
- Fabrication of Electromagnetic braking System For Automobile
- Turbocharger for two wheelers
- Remote controlled aircraft
- Automatic Scrap collecting Vehicle
- Solar Powered Bird Scarer
- Computer Controlled Mini Vehicle
- Electronic Valve Actuation in Combustion Engine
- Manually Operated Paper Recycling Machine-Design
- Weldless Flange Connections
What are Mechanical Engineering Projects ?
The mechanical engineering projects given here are mainly categorized under 5 headings Automation, Design, Power&Energy, Robotics and Automobile. Each project here gives you a general outline of the tasks involved in execution. I have tried to insert my own ideas as well. But these are incomplete without your research.
I am sure that you know what is a mechanical engineering project because you will not be here without knowing it.I will explain some things that you do not know about it.You are most probably a final student right ? If so you are running through lots of college activities,seminars and so on.So you may think of buying an instant project or get it done by someone else.Never do this.Not only you are cheating the college but you are cheating yourself.
A Mechanical project is a part of your curriculum.You have marks and grades for it.You must present it on the assigned date.Failing any of these things will make you even repeat the semester.This is usually the general trend in most colleges.You will be creating a well-built project that catches people’s attention if you work truly.
What a true mechanical engineering project is something that came out of your knowledge and hard work.You need to concentrate on a particular area of your branch and choose a project topic.Let it be a simple mechanical project or a complex one.What matters is that whether you do it yourself or not rather than purchasing a costly project for the sake of more marks and grades.
How to Brainstorm Ideas for your Main or Mini Mechanical Engineering Projects ?
Ideas are the most important aspect for the success of a mini or main project of your final year.Nobody can make you think more or teach you how to grab ‘ideas’ . Here I am giving some general tips that can help you get quick ideas for your projects.
1. Look Around you
Always look around you for getting great ideas.Many great people have discovered things accidently caused by their surroundings.The famous example of Newton’s Gravity discovery. So start thinking more
2. Talk with Great People
There are many great professors in every college.Talk with them,learn more and explore new ideas.
3. Read a Lot
Reading is the best thing that can give you more ideas about anything.As you read more you learn more.Knowledge can bring you lots of great ideas.
4. Watch great science fiction movies
What we see in movies may be impossible at all but still you can get a lot of similar ideas for making some other great things.Movies are a large resource for a world of ideas.
5. Search on the Web
Like I provide information on this blog,there are large number of online journals and blogs that provides great ideas and unlimited resources for guiding you.What ever you need to know can be done with a simple search.
Here is another great site for engineering mini projects .
Explore More and Innovate !! Best Wishes !!
Download Free Mechanical Engineering Projects PDF
I have tried my best to collect and compile the projects into a downloadable PDF format.Most posts in this blog contain the PDF files at the end of it . It is difficult to provide PDFs for certain projects as they are restricted by its creators.
Some of the Mechanical Projects available in PDF are listed below ( Lots of other PDFs can be seen on the site,just search )
Best Mechanical Engineering Projects
How about an air condition powered by solar ? You can save a ton of money on your electricity bill.
Heard about Air Cars ? How about your car runs on air as the fuel ? The air that is available for free can be used as a fuel for running your car.
Hydrogen powered vehicles are not a concept anymore. There are large number of vehicles running on hydrogen fuel.On burning hydrogen we get water,so this is a completely eco-friendly fuel for vehicles.
The main parts of Hydrogen Powered Car are
1 . Fuel Tank
2. Fuel Cell Stack
i. Battery Pack
ii. Electric Motor
Interested in designing a hovercraft as your engineering project ? If so we are here to guide you in doing the basics.
The design we have implemented here is the one which can be powered by one or more engines.
A fire fighting robot ? Do you think that this is possible . Yes !! You can build a simple engineering project by choosing to build a fire fighting robot as your project. What this robot does is that it will start spraying the water like a fireman does.With this robot.it can enter anywhere without fear.It is fireproof !
A Few Final Words To Visitors
We know that you are busy looking for a final year engineering project for your academics. The aim of this venture of ours is to help you for your Mechanical Engineering Projects by providing you different project ideas and reference materials so as to reduce your strain during the final semester curriculam and give you enough time to relax and prepare your project. We hope that this humble venture of us contributes lot to your academics.
Please let us know your feedback on different seminar topics and use the comment facility well.
Wish you Best of Luck with your projects!!